Tuesday, February 21
From the organizer:
OPEN CALL TO ARTISTS
Postcard Art Show in support of the Children of Aleppo
In response to the overwhelming sentiments toward the horrific news and video surfacing around the atrocities in Aleppo, particularly in regard to the children affected, we would like to initialize an open call for artists from around the world to respond.
The intention of this call is to allow visual artists an outlet to express themselves around the Syrian crisis and to raise awareness and funds to aid in the effort to provide Syrian children emergency care, food and water.
As artists ourselves and considering the reactions by other artists to this tragedy, we felt that this call to action might be a way to give voice to the community in order to raise awareness and hopefully have the potential to heal in some way. Additionally, any sales or donations will go toward the Save the Children Syrian Children's Relief Fund.
For details or questions please visit: artforaleppo.org email@example.com
We want to help and so can you! The Art For Aleppo project gives visual artists an outlet to express themselves around the Syrian crisis and help raise awareness and funds to aid in the effort to provide Syrian children emergency care, food and water. The Art For Aleppo project also gives non artists a chance to help in three ways, through the purchase of art, through the purchase of the catalog book of participating artists or through a direct monetary donation in any amount.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Create a piece of art on A6 (international size 148 x 105 mm or 5.8 x 4.1 inches) post card. It does not need to be on paper. Use your imagination in materials. If it’s the size of an A6 postcard and postage will stick to it and you can put an address on it, then we will accept it. (wood, metal, plexiglas etc. are acceptable)
- Write a short statement on the back (optional). It can be about Aleppo or war or freedom or whatever moves you. Feel free to write a poem or a word etc. We leave it to your imagination.
- Sign the back of the card and include your website and/or state or country
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Email a copy of your postcard to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information your name, Town, State, Country and your website (don’t worry about quality of photo. This will not be published and is strictly for our records.)
- Address the post card to:
Art For Aleppo
P. O. Box 158
Cold Spring, NY 10516 USA
- Place a stamp on the upper right corner on the back of the postcard
- Do not place postcard in an envelope. We want the art itself to be mailed as a postcard with the postage stamp on it. That’s part of the fun of the show.
- Try to use a stamp that reflects your country or is interesting.