Thursday, February 9th
On this snowy day, take the opportunity to increase your knowledge of the importance of voting rights.
- Read Ari Berman's "Give Us The Ballot: The Modern Struggle For Voting Rights In America" (review here)
- Then try Michael Waldman's "The Fight To Vote" (review here).
- Join former Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander's Let America Vote campaign, a newly launched national effort to address voter suppression.
- Read Governor Cuomo's proposal to modernize voting in New York.
- Congress is considering H.R. 634, the Election Assistance Commission (EAC) Termination Act, which would eliminate the EAC — the only federal agency charged with improving voting systems and helping states with other critical functions of election administration. Learn more about the EAC.
If we lose the ability to vote and have our votes counted accurately, we lose our ability to preserve our democracy.